Q1. Not sure if you had a chance to listen to the talks on disc I sent? Just curious to hear your thoughts, particularly on bro. Lee Donaldson of the missionary dept? I love his breakdown of Nephi's experience with the Spirit and then the Angel in trying to understand his father Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life. "Look What Do You See?" has great gospel conversion and missionary application and relevance.
A1. Yes i did those were very well done especially Lee Donaldson. My favorite is Elder Giddens, he is a mighty warrior I'm glad I have had the chance to hear him and talk with him. He was the Area Seventy over the GAM and is still in touch with President and loves to hear about the transformation of the GAM.
Q2. How is the L. family doing, does bro. L. have a temple service opportunity to feel and grow in the spirit? How's sister L. progressing? She too is in our thoughts and prayers.
A2. The L.'s are doing well..they go through the challenges of life as we all do..what's fascinating though is because they both stepped or are in the process of stepping into the gospel, the Lord is able to help them in so many more ways then before. Working on getting N. into the temple. J. is expecting a child in November. We are trying to help her see the blessing of having the gift of the Holy Ghost as she goes through this remarkable experience. Darn sweet tea is still in the way!
Q3. Do you need anything at this time?
A3. If you can get me some of the stuff Ry is on that would be great haha (j/k). I'm doing well still dropping weight.
Q4. Who can we help and pray for this week?
A4. Pray for our dear friend T. our maintenance man in Balmoral Elder Steele and I ran into and started sharing the gospel just 30 minutes ago. Through prayerful planning on preparation day we were able to be directed into T's path enabling us to introduce him to the gospel and invite him to come to the Savior.
Shot from ESPN Photocred: Fuji Fua Puefua
![]() |
| Photocred: GAM |
The next 3 weeks will be super busy for Elder Steele and I as well as President. We will be heading back to the temple for mission council next Thursday as well as touring the mission conducting a adapting to missionary life training for each zone -- a new training from the church. Also next week we will begin transfer planning. The week after we will have transfer meeting, can you believe October is already here!? I have my eye out for Elder Bernard (from Herriman, Utah). I will give him a big hug and warm welcome to the south. The week following transfers, Elder David Evans of the Quorum of the Seventy will be conducting a mission tour here in the GAM. He is the head Seventy for missionary work so it will be very exciting. During his tour we will hold Zone Training meetings as well as a Fireside for all investigators, recent converts, and members. As a mission we have really pushed to have the work of salvation unified amongst missionaries, zone's with each stake in the following ways:
- Have all recent converts at the temple to do baptisms for the dead in the afternoon,
- All investigators will receive rides from members to the temple and missionaries will give them a tour around the temple grounds,
- Followed by a Fireside in the church building behind the temple!
INCREDIBLE!! It gets even better!! The following week we will have one of the living prophets; a prophet, seer, and revalator Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles here in the GAM to address us!
May I close by leaving the Savior's peace and a blessing with each of you my family...may the Lord bless you in all your righteous desires and keep you in his care. I know my Redeemer lives! oh what joy this sentence gives...May the whole world know it and live by that knowledge is my prayer.
I love you all!!
GO COUGARS!!
Elder Gautavai





















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.