Thanks for your weekly emails, they definitely boost my spirits, and I definitely need it for the beginning of the week! I will definitely keep Elder Gautavai in my prayers as well. I know that the transition from leaving Utah and the MTC to the mission field, wasn't as smooth as I thought it was going to be. But I personally felt the Savior pick me up through my trials, and I know that he will do the same for Elder Gautavai. I will be praying for Elder Gautavai's success, and for the growth of his personal testimony. I'm so excited to have this opportunity to serve on the Lord's team, and to progress this glorious work forward w/Elder Gautavai.
My message today is similar to that of Nephi's drive to finish the job. It's similar in the sense that we must endure. No matter what life throws at us, no matter what sort of trial we face, no matter how unfair life may seem at some point in time, the last principle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ states that we must, "Endure to the End." As we endure to the end, continuing to develop faith in Christ, we have been promised all that the Father has, and eternal happiness w/our eternal families.
The principle of enduring to the end brings me to a particular story in the Doctrine and Convenants. In section 121 of the Doctrine and Covenants, we read of the Prophet Joseph Smith's trials and tribulations as he lay hopeless in Liberty Jail. As he continued to lay in utter dissappointment and loneliness, he said this, "O God, where art thou?" While there are many ways for us to cope w/our trials and tribulations, Christ had a very specific answer to this particular trial that the Prophet was facing. In verses 7 & 8 of the 121st section of the Doctrine and Convenants, the Lord says this to the Prophet, "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shat triumph over thy foes." At a time where even the Prophet felt divine withdrawl (just as the Savior did on the cross) and felt that God wasn't with him, I testify that that is when the Savior picked him up and carried him through his trials. If we "endure it well" as the Savior says to the Prophet, we can find happiness in this life and the life to come.
As we continue to endure both the good and the bad moments of life, remember the counsel that the Savior gives to the Prophet Joseph to endure it well. Then can we be exalted on high, and reign in eternal happiness w/our eternal families. I know this is true.
As we continue to endure both the good and the bad moments of life, remember the counsel that the Savior gives to the Prophet Joseph to endure it well. Then can we be exalted on high, and reign in eternal happiness w/our eternal families. I know this is true.
Love you guys!
Elder Richard Gautavai

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.