Monday, July 9, 2012

Make It Happen!


Elder Gautavai's last email from the MTC received this evening as we were holding FHE in Bountiful. What a joy! He leaves for the field tomorrow morning leaving the MTC at 5 AM MDT for an early flight out of the SLC international airport. He will travel to Atlanta with 3 other elders in his district plus an additional missionary. They will be welcomed by Elder Lowell M. Snow, who is the Mission president.
Hello Dad,

That is such great news of Elder Talbot I will send him a note before I leave.. the news of Harvey Langi is exciting the Lord truly has a role in our lives no matter where we are and what we do. I would invite you to read in 2 Nephi 28 and in the last verse 32 change "gentiles" to your name and anytime it says "them" or "they" replace it with "you." The Lord will always be there and I believe this is the case in Harvey's situation as well.


Im excited to leave the MTC but sad that my time here is up. I love it here I ve made eternal friends who I know I will see here or in the next life. My PURPOSE has become more clear as I am to invite others to COME UNTO CHRIST by helping them recieve the restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me: yea and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance: and this is my joy." (Alma 28:9)


In closing I had the chance to talk one last time to my beloved instructors Brother Sikahema, Nate and Medeiros who are extraordinary priesthood holders. Their advice to me was to MAKE IT HAPPEN!...We as missionaries don't pray to persuade an investigator to change, rather we pray for God's grace and power through the atonement to CHANGE lives...through our faith that can happen. I know and testify I am where I need to be.

Love Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.