Monday, July 22, 2013

If You Keep Your Covenants, Your Covenants Will Keep You!

The elder's cousin checking in from the Wisconsin Milwaukee mission, On Wisconsin!

Good Morning!

I will have to be short as we are a little short on time! But thanks so much for your email, I enjoyed it! Everything is going great for us here in Wisconsin Rapids! We're always looking to improve our charity (especially for missionaries), but it allows us to stretch and grow, which has been a blessing! 

We had a tough week in the Wausau Zone with just about everything, so we're really focusing this week on continuing to maintain a "model" area, and getting down to the bottom of all of the discouragment!! 

I was reading in Alma 56 this morning and verse 8 really stood out to me. Heleman writes saying, "But I would not suffer them that they should break this covenant which they had made, supposing that God would strengthen us, insomuch that we should not suffer more because of the fulfilling the oath which they had taken." I've found a lot of strength in learning more about the people of Ammon as they are premier examples of keeping covenants. What I got from this is that others are blessed when we choose to keep our covenants. I've seen this amongst missionaries all the time. Being a Zone Leader...there's automatically room for missionaries to infer inequality between myself and them. I've found that as I've stressed exact obedience in my life, it has given me the ability to lift the missionaries around me. 

Thanks again for your wonderful, wonderful examples. My mission has been impacted in many ways by the shining examples that I was able to see in the home. They help me every day to choose the right! 

Love you guys! Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.