Monday, July 29, 2013

Stop And Wait For Me!

Hello Family,

with Elder Perez (ZL) Photocred GAM
This week has been another eventful week to say the least, excitement is in the air here in the GAM as we get set to move into a new phase to further hasten the Lord's work. We will be revealing this next phase to our Zone, District, and Sister Training Leaders this Thursday at Mission Council so stay tuned for that great report. 

Elder Steele and I have been touring the entire mission. This last week consisted of going on exchanges with our mighty Zone Leaders, conducting trainings as well as planning and administration work here at the office. 

J. was not baptized this week however we are still working with him to remove some obstacles from his path. In our YSA ward this week we had 2 baptisms which is creating even more excitement for missionary work, the Lord's work of salvation! 


Last night Elder Steele and I were able to attend the baptism of Kevin, a man who just 2 weeks before I was transferred elder Perez and I had tracted into. He resides in the home of the last door we knocked on. To see this all come together has been so, so humbling, faith building and gratifying. This experience gets even better...(huge smile) Kevin was baptized in Bishop Kennedy's swimming pool because the plumbing needed fixing at the church so they had to make a quick audible (change) on the spot so everyone drove over to bishop's beautiful home. But wait it gets even BETTER!! While everyone was gathering in bishop's backyard for the baptism, Elder Steele and I received the IMPRESSION that someone here nearby (in the neighborhood) needed to come to the baptism at the Kennedy pool. So quickly, we started knocking on doors around the homes in the neighborhood inviting everyone to the "baptism at the pool." Just as we thought we were going to come up short in finding who the spirit was directing us to, at literally the last house we were at after knocking on the door, a woman named M. came out of her house and yelled for us "TO STOP AND WAIT FOR HER TO COME!" The missionaries will now have a chance to teach her as she invited us to come back over to her home after the baptism to share the glad message of the restored gospel with her and her family. Thankful for the promptings of the Spirit!! Glory to God!! Hoorah for Israel!!
In closing I just wanted to THANK YOU dad for your unwavering stance as we were growing up on things that I needed to do even at times when I didn't feel it was necessary; that I could make those, what seemed like tough decisions the other way. What once was seen by me as an annoyance and a invasion of agency is now being seen as great faith, obedience and consecration on your part. I know God Lives!

Love y'all, Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.