Monday, November 11, 2013

Invitation: The Work of Salvation Connects All Things Heaven and Earth

Weekly questions from home included in today's email. The elder's response follows in his return email:

Q1. How was your temple service and leadership council/trainings?
A1. Amazing! Temple service is a MUST!!
Q2. Are you in need of anything at this time?
A2. Negative.
Q3. Who can we join in faith and prayer for this week?
A3. C.C. our wonderful investigator who we are teaching tonight at the church.

Happy Veterans Day from the South!

AP's Elder Steele and Elder Gautavai Atlanta Georgia Temple
Another week has flown by here in the GAM. With zone training meetings all this last week, it gave us the opportunity to continue to attend the temple as part of the schedule. I love the temple, the perspective for life it gives is simply remarkable. I have been fortunate to attend the temple often while here on the mission. By attending the temple, I have grown to love our Heavenly Father deeply and have so much more gratitude for HIM. I am at awe with his love for us and all his children.

Before heading into an endowment session, President Posey (temple president) briefly shared with us these thoughts. Not only is it important for the one soul who is baptized here on this earth, but for their ancestors who have passed on. He said as 1 soul(convert) progresses and enters the temple, it is equivalent to 1000 souls(converts) who will eventually enter the temple because of the 1 soul. Then came his invitation to us....although 1 soul is great in the eyes of God, there are many who are ready and waiting to "come unto HIM." How great would be your joy if many more were brought unto HIM. Hence the HASTENING! Making BAPTISM so important!  

As I pondered and meditated upon President Posey's invitation this week, my desire to do all I can has increased tremendously.

Our focus with all our valiant missionaries is returning back to our purpose--to INVITE & BAPTIZE--working with our faithful members, active & less active to find those to BAPTIZE. Also, to have the FAITH to get out there and MAKE IT HAPPEN by tracting and talking with everyone etc. With our recent visits from prophets, seers and revelators, we were reminded that as full time missionaries we are vital in the work of salvation. That it is important we do our part. IT IS SO SIMPLE!!

Thank you for sending me the article on the USST that I requested. Serving with President Harding and Elder Steele has helped me realize I must always be worthy of the promptings of the spirit, but more importantly have the courage to follow it. Thus, receiving the prompting to ask for the article. As of yet, I have not shared it with any of the zones. I am waiting for the direction of the spirit to guide me to use it at the appropriate time. That is certainly an adjustment that I have made, listening to the spirit and figuring out what exactly is needed in the training meetings. 

We are busy as ever with one more zone training meeting this week and then transfer prep! Can you believe its already transfer time!?

Well I gotta run. If there is anything I can do for y'all please let me know. Praying for your success each and every day. GIVE ME THIS MOUNTAIN! KEEP CLIMB'N!

Love, Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.