Hello Family!!
Well let me first start off by saying that Sharpsburg is a complete 180 degree change from East Point/Midtown. It is definitely different compared to my first area. Sharpsburg is more affluent and a lot more spread out then East Point. My new companion is Elder Casper who has been out for about 9 months and is from West Jordan. He knows elder Adam Talbot as they played basketball together as well as elder Jeff Peterson, it's a small world indeed!! Lol We live in an apartment by ourselves. I still have a car but with how spread out it is, I'm guessing we will be walking here a bit as well.
We attended church yesterday and wow is the Sharpsburg Ward fired up about missionary work!!! The members are anxiously engaged in bringing their friends to the gospel. We are going through and teaching the members and ward council to not only strengthen and increase our teaching opportunities but to strengthen their homes as well. Sharpsburg was up until a couple transfers ago a sister missionary area so they are adjusting to elders being here but they love having us in their homes. The biggest difference for me moving from East Point would have to be how prideful some are due to their wealth and religious traditions. But I know in time they will come to know we cannot do it alone and on human wisdom but have to rely on revelation and the only way we can do this is through our Heavenly Father.
![]() |
| Martin Luther King, Jr Memorial (tomb) Atlanta, Georgia |
Freedom Hall Atlanta, Georgia
My testimony of the Restoration is growing everyday. We are literally spirit children of our Heavenly Father. His love for us goes beyond our mortal comprehension. I know through prayer we can communicate with Him and receive His guidance. He knew we would need to come to earth in order for us to return to Him. Because of His love He put us with our families to strengthen one another and learn of the gospel while on this earth; yet it doesn't stop there. He loved us so much He gave His only Begotten Son to suffer for the sins, inequalities and weaknesses of each and everyone of us so that we could return to His presence. I know He has revealed this through His prophets in ancient days and has called a prophet for our day today, even Thomas S. Monson to lead and guide us in this last dispensation. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. He loved us so much He prepared for the return of the Gospel to the Earth. The Book of Mormon is evidence of God's Love for us. We will feel His love as we ask Him in Faith with real intent; He will answer us as Moroni promised through the Holy Ghost with feelings of love, joy, long suffering, meekness etc. (Gal 8).
It is great to hear you are all doing well. Tell A'gi I am excited for her and know the Lord will continue to bless our family as we come closer and closer to Him. Send everyone my love!!
Here are a few pictures. I will send the complete card home today. haha Ry I found the bridge used on Tyler Perry's House of Payne. I thought I'd send you some photos of it.
Love Elder Gautavai





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.