Monday, August 27, 2012

Safety For The Soul


(Elder Ferron Fruean successfully completed his mission call to serve on August 22, 2012. Elder Fruean like the elder is of Samoan descent. Elder Fruean was one of two Zone Leader trainers who helped in the training of Elder Gautavai upon his arrival to the mission field. At both elders request, our family traveled to and attended Elder Fruean's homecoming missionary report in his home ward August 26, 2012. Elder Fruean is a great priesthood man, latter-day saint and example of noble service and Christlike love. He bears a powerful witness of the Savior and His Atonement as well as the Book of Mormon. We were blessed to feel the spirit and hear his report on the works of righteousness during his mission to the beautiful people of the Georgia Atlanta Mission. As parents we feel humbled and grateful yet again for the countless, tender mercies in the lives of our children and family.)

Hey Family!!!

SOOO COOL!!! Elder Fruean is an amazing priesthood holder! I'm glad to see you were able to meet him and feel of his love for the gospel and the Savior.  The Lord definitely put us together for a special reason and helping me CHANGE my view of all of God's children.  

The photos are so awesome! I'm also glad to see everyone is doing great!! Big one this week with Logan aye work hard Ry and Jr. I have all the confidence in the world yall will continue to be leaders and MAKE IT HAPPEN!! Kelee-boi picking up right where we left off. I'm excited for you as well and remember stay strong, stay positive and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

I received the two packages from the mission office, THANK YOU. It has everything I need. Shampoo is running kinda low though and the stores here don't sell the all-in-one kind. The mission office staff passed it on to the Zone Leaders. At that point it just depends on when they see us? You can send it straight to the apartment and I will get it 2-3 days after you send it. Faaagi's letters usually get here every Wednesday. I don't know when she sends it but I imagine it gets here faster.

My new companion Elder Martinez loves to talk. haha I've never been around someone who loves to talk as much as he does. He is a great missionary who loves to WORK HARD as do I--so it's the best! We are both excited about our companionship and serving together. 

This has been a good week! There is something special the Lord has in store for the Sharpsburg area. Elder Martinez and I can definitely feel it! I think the ward is interested to see what happens here as well as Elder Martinez and I are considered to be fairly young missionaries (sounds like stripling warriors and we all know how that ended...haha).



The fireside will be in October. This will give us enough time to advertise it really really well. The Ward activity went great! We are currently putting together a free car wash/church tour for all. While Friday Night Lights are on across the land, Elder Martinez and I will be teaching a new investigator who we feel the Lord has prepared in so many different ways so you could say we have our own battle Friday night.

It excites me to hear the boys are all doing well in Football and pray for their success in all they do. I'm also grateful for the chance yall had to meet Elder Fruean. He helped so many people here in the Georgia ATL Mission and impacted alot of lives. 

The joke here is that even though SLC is the hub for mormons, everyone is going to be flying DELTA to the celestial kingdom through Atlanta. We are working tirelessly to make the ATL the spiritual hub of the South.


I leave my witness with you that I know that the Book Of Mormon is TRUE! The Book of Mormon stands as another testament of Jesus Christ and His divinity; and that through the Book of Mormon questions of the Soul WILL be answered. I have seen the blessings of the Book of Mormon in my own life as well as those who have sought with real intent to read it, ponder it in their hearts and then asked God the eternal Father if these things are true...and that by the Holy Ghost we can and WILL receive the confirmation that these things are TRUE. 

Love Yall,

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.