Sorry we were unable to get to a computer due to Labor day yesterday. My clothes are holding up well. I may need to end up getting some smaller pants though due to my lack of weight haha-- never thought I would ever say that. I make spaghetti and eggs and other things so we are definitely okay as far as meals. Snacks, I could use more almonds and jerky I ran out yesterday. Send Miah and the Benefactor my love and hello's.
It saddens me to hear of the week for the boys but I want them to know to keep their head up and stay positive moving forward with FAITH and continue to WORK hard, effective and with more FAITH. New week ahead filled with new opportunities to go after greatness. Love you boys!
As I have studied the Plan of Salvation more and more I come to a realization that everything is going to be okay because we know of the Lord's plan for us, its more than walking out on friday night lights or playing soccer in front of hundreds of people. Unfortunately, Friday night didn't go too well for Elder Martinez and I with our investigator as we were getting ready to teach him satan lobbed a few obstacles in our path so that we couldn't teach him that night because of some other commitments he had to fulfill. But like the advice to keep your head up and stay positive, so too have Elder Martinez and I. We were able to schedule another appointment to meet with him this Wednesday.
With some events that have occured in this last week we were able to teach a young man by the name of C. As we were teaching him the restoration the impression came to me of something that President Snow counseled us "everyone is worthy of a baptismal date." As I acted on this prompting C. immediately said "I was waiting for you to ask me that" and joyfully said yes and asked what he needed to do to be prepared. We set a date and are meeting with him to help him to progress towards the date. I'll have more news about him hopefully soon.
In conclusion I want to share some thoughts about the Apostle Peter. There was a singular moment in time when Peter became the apostle Peter that we all are familiar with. After Christ was crucified and everything was over Peter and the other apostles had no idea what to do next. So they went to the thing they knew how to do well, they went fishing (John 21). After a terrible night of fishing on the water they saw a man on the shore in the morning who asked them how their fishing went? After replying to the man that they had caught nothing the man then replied to set their nets on the right side of the boat. Once they followed they could not pull the whole catch in for it was too numerous. Discovering it was the Lord, Peter jumped off the boat and swam to Him. Christ then asks Peter 3 times one simple question, "Do you love me?" After the third time of Peter replying Yes Lord, He then answers "FEED MY SHEEP" (John 21:15-17). And as Elder Holland put it "we can't go back"...as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - the call to missionary work is not for just 2 years, it is forever, to FEED HIS SHEEP. We cannot go back to the way we once were. I've come to love my Savior too much to GO BACK. It's because of Him I am here, and it's because of Him that ALL things are possible.
Continue to WORK as If everything depended on YOU and PRAYing as if everything depended on the LORD and I know that He will MAKE IT HAPPEN.
GO BRAVES!
Love Elder Gautavai


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.