Hey Y'all,
Well it's good to hear the boys did well and good to see that all their hard work before the season is paying off. Keep workin hard and making those around you better...go gettem this week! Kelee when I get some time today I will write you back, yall know I'm not very good at writing letters but I will be fixin to get one out to you Kelee-boy.
I spent Saturday with the AP's driving down to Columbus to pick up my new comp Elder Cotton-Betteridge from Alpine, Utah. President Snow told me he fasted and prayed about it, and asked that I train him as he has only been out in the field for about 3 weeks despite not being fully through the training program myself. In President's words (haha), "you'll just have to find a way to train yourself." He said he has full confidence I will seek and rely on the Lord for that guidance. (haha) I'm excited about the opportunity, and view it in such a positive way, like Nephi I know the LORD WILL PREPARE A WAY (1 Nephi 3:7). Elder Cotton-Betteridge is a great missionary who has an awesome desire to learn and to grow as a disciple of Christ. I too am excited!! We have in only 2 short days together found great chemistry in our teaching and more importantly strong unity in our companionship.
The work here in Sharpsburg continues to move forward. We had to move our investigator's baptism date back. We are fixin to really help our 3 progressing investigators land baptism dates and help them all come even closer to Jesus Christ. We are also in the process of finding new investigators. With the Lord's help we are fixin up new ways whereby we can do this.
The neatest experience was to hear President Snow's testimony at Stake Conference this week as he and Sister Snow conclude their mission. President Snow has really been a BLESSING in so many ways for me as a missionary. They have also been a blessing for the Georgia Atlanta Mission as well. President Snow has helped reshape the culture of the mission, missionaries and the work out here. He bore strong testimony that "WE ARE WHO WE ARE TODAY NOT BECAUSE OF ANYTHING THAT WE HAVE DONE, BUT BECAUSE THE HOLY GHOST HAS SHAPED US TO WHO THE LORD WANTS US TO BE LIKE."
The gift of the Holy Ghost is an amazing blessing that we as members of the Church have. We have the opportunity to have perfect guidance, the Holy Ghost, with us as long as the spirit is invited and through our thoughts, courage and actions made welcomed to stay. What a blessing this is!! I know that President Harding will come and only add to the spirit that President Snow has left -- it will be hard to see him go. The missionaries especially me are very excited for President Harding's arrival and know that the Lord needs him here at this time for this mission.
Hope ya'll are doing well I pray for ya'lls success and well-being each and everyday!
Love Elder Gautavai



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.