Monday, October 8, 2012

Becoming Converted To The Gospel Is A Daily Process

(excerpt from the elder's cousin who is serving in the Wisconsin, Milwaukee mission. A testimony to the power of change through the Atonement as well as living the gospel of Jesus Christ and service).



Good Morning,

It's hard for me to fully describe the joy in my heart at this point in time, and this email will not even begin to elapse my feelings of joy. I know that this feeling of joy is the Love of God.

I am so proud of Rylee and what he is becoming. I know of no one else who has been so diligent and so humble in the cause of preparation and success. It doesn't really matter to me where Rylee will play his collegiate football, but I know that he holds the Priesthood authority of God, and will be able to exercise God's power through his willingness to serve and his worthiness as well. I am so proud of Rylee, and am grateful for the things that he has taught me, and those around him.

General Conference was a great one, but the thing that continued to sadden my heart was the fact that not everyone on this Earth was enjoying exactly what I had the chance to enjoy. Not everyone on this Earth had the chance to listen to the voices of modern day Prophets and Apostles, and not everyone was able to feast on the words of Christ as I was this weekend.

The thought first came into my mind Saturday morning as I glanced out the window of our apartment room. As I stared at the Lutheran church across the street from our apartment the thought came to my mind of, "I wonder if the members of that church feel this Saturday is more sacred than the usual." As I would continue to pass by I wondered to myself "A prophet is speaking today, are these people dying to hear from him as I am? Do they know that a prophet of God will grace us w/the words of Christ? Do they even know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored?" It was a hard thing for me to deal with, but I know that our Father in Heaven wanted me to hear those thoughts. All I want to do share this Gospel, cry repentance to the world, and serve our Father in Heaven. Not a day goes by that I do not pray to ask our Father in Heaven to please, let me serve, what can I do to serve? I know that not everyone is going to be open to the message which we share, but I know that our Father in Heaven has placed us in his vineyard to gather even the most isolated wheat in the midst of the tares.

I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be a member of Jesus Christ's Church. There are so many people here who live lives w/absolutely no knowledge of the Restored Gospel, knowledge that I did not fully comprehend until now. There are people out there who truly believe that they are free.  There are people out there who truly believe that there is no God, and there's no point in trying. The scriptures say, "many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God—he will justify in committing a little sin; yea, lie a little, take the advantage of one because of his words, dig a pit for thy neighbor; there is no harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God."

We are comforted to know that, "Therefore, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people, yea, a marvelous work and a wonder, for the wisdom of their wise and learned shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent shall be hid." I echo the words of Mormon recorded in 3 Nephi when he declared "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." I have chose to serve our Master.  The author and finisher of our Salvation. I thank you for your words of encouragement as I know the time soon comes when I will no longer be able to bear the name of Jesus Christ across my heart. I thank our Father in Heaven every day for the opportunity that I have been given to wear the badge of being a full-time servant of the Lord.


There are many people out there who have yet to come to a knowledge of the truth. Each of us have been given a "lamp of testimony" as a gift from God, and we have been asked to share this gift, and lighten the path for those who may be lost. Everyone can know that there is a prophet on the Earth today, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in its fullness. God needs more than just converted full-time missionaries to share the Gospel, he needs fully-converted members to share the Gospel as well. I know that this is true.

I love each and every one of you.


Elder Gautavai


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.