Monday, October 8, 2012

God Is Close To Us and Aware Of Us, And Never Hides From His Faithful Children

Hello Family!

I'm glad to hear y'all are doing well despite the results of the games. Y'all still will find the tender mercies that come to us when we take a step back and realize the blessings that we are blessed with each and everyday. Good Stuff :) Should be another exciting week for y'all and will be praying for y'alls success this coming week. Keep your head up and be strong, and MAKE IT HAPPEN!


It's been a very exciting week for my companion and I here in the Sharpsburg area the highlight being with our investigator B. His enthusiasm for wanting to come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ is amazing. We've had 5 lessons with him this week as he's wanted to meet as much as possible. He is preparing for baptism on October 27. As we've been meeting with B. this week, I can see how the Atonement has changed his life in just a week's time, how much humility he has in willing to submit to our Heavenly Father's will. He attended all sessions of General Conference including Priesthood session with us and enjoyed hearing from President Monson and those that serve with him in helping build the kingdom.
Conference was soo awesome!!! Saturday we went with B. over to a members home to watch it and it was really good. Sunday we went to the church and I must admit being at the church to watch conference seem to suit me better as I was really able to focus on not only what was said but more importantly how I FELT. There is no doubt in my mind that President Monson and the many others who help build the kingdom are called of God. You can feel it in the LOVE that they have for everyone.

The one gospel message I enjoyed the best would have to be President Eyring's address referring to the PAVILIONS (Doctrine and Covenants 121:1) that we put up blocking our view of God's will. The "pavilions" being our unwillingness to become as a child and humble ourselves. As President Eyring put it "we know that thy will be done"...however we often fail to accept IN THY TIME. When we humble ourselves and are patient we can see the role as well as the relationship we have with God. "Thy will be done' and 'in thine own time.' His time should be enough for us, since we know that He wants only what is best...God is close to us and aware of us, and never hides from His faithful children." - President Henry B. Eyring, First Counselor First Presidency 182nd General Conference.








As if that wasn't enough, last Thursday had a tender moment for me one that I will be eternally grateful for. Our zone was able to meet with President Harding and his family. I remember the feeling of peace and love come into the room as soon as they walked in. As we all got up to greet him and his family, Stockton quickly located where I was at and ran over and gave me a HUGE HUG! Stockton will be an excellent missionary with us here as well as all the Harding family. President Harding spoke of the LOVE that he already had for each and everyone of us even before he arrived, you could feel that LOVE as well as the Saviors LOVE for us. He challenged us to read the Book of Mormon in 2 transfers which is AWESOME cause I will be finishing the Book of Mormon tonight as a personal goal and starting it over again.

As the announcement was made about the mission age being lowered, my thoughts quickly turned to Rylee and what a great opportunity it will be for him to have the option to serve the Lord in just a few short months. I know that when that time comes Rylee will be ready to serve WITH the lord..What an awesome invitation to drop your nets and become fishers of men. I love you all and am thankful for your examples of FAITH towards me. I know that this is the Lord's work. That the through the Atonement of Jesus Christ lives change and that as a representative of Jesus Christ comes the ability to bless EVERYONE.

Talk to y'all next week,

Love Elder Gautavai


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.