This week has been just an INCREDIBLE week!! A big reason is Elder Corbridge of the first Quorum of the Seventy being here in the mission. We attended a stake leadership meeting with him as well as Zone Conference where he helped us with our teaching and also discussed the 4TH MISSIONARY, the article he wrote. The main message that I took out of his counsel is the Atonement MUST BE THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE TEACH and how the people need to understand that if the Book of Mormon is true THEN the Atonement is for us; and that we can be forgiven of our sins, endowed with the power of the Holy Ghost and thus be qualified for eternal life.
Elder Price and I were so excited to go out and apply this to our area and in our teaching, AND in 3 days we picked up 6 new investigators and have a total of 9 investigators at this time! I have a testimony that when people understand what the FIRST VISION really means to them and why they should join the church..their desires and excitement to read the Book of Mormon will shoot through the roof!
This week we will be heading to the Atlanta temple for Zone Leader Council. I am so excited to go to the temple with the many stalwart zone leaders and our mighty Captain, President Harding (our Captain Moroni) to COUNSEL WITH THE LORD as how to best help the mighty missionaries we preside over in our zone (I learned that "preside or presiding" means we are RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OUTCOME).
I'm doing very well and I am glad to hear y'all are doing great also. I imagine with coach Mendenhall and the BYU coaches coming over to the house all y'all will be doing some deep cleaning haha.
Let me share a real awesome experience. A couple of days ago we felt impressed to ask a young less active couple if we could teach them the plan of salvation as they are getting ready to welcome a child of our Heavenly Father into the world and their home. They replied that they were busy. We told them that WE LOVE THEM and if they needed any help that we were there for them, that we thought the world of 'em. Two days later the wife's non-member father passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack. Sunday the Husband came to church alone and I went over and sat next to him and put my arms around him and just told him I LOVED HIM and that I thought he was awesome! He arose and bore powerful testimony of missionary work and pleaded with the ward to not let a moment slip by to share the gospel with someone because we never know when we won't have that chance to share it and that person has to wait to hear it in the Spirit World.
Let me share a real awesome experience. A couple of days ago we felt impressed to ask a young less active couple if we could teach them the plan of salvation as they are getting ready to welcome a child of our Heavenly Father into the world and their home. They replied that they were busy. We told them that WE LOVE THEM and if they needed any help that we were there for them, that we thought the world of 'em. Two days later the wife's non-member father passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack. Sunday the Husband came to church alone and I went over and sat next to him and put my arms around him and just told him I LOVED HIM and that I thought he was awesome! He arose and bore powerful testimony of missionary work and pleaded with the ward to not let a moment slip by to share the gospel with someone because we never know when we won't have that chance to share it and that person has to wait to hear it in the Spirit World.
That caused me to ponder and feel the spirit so powerfully that I got up and bore my testimony of the Atonement and how this life is all about the Atonement and relying on our loving Heavenly Father. It has caused me to be recommitted as I hope it will recommit y'all to SHARE the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those around y'all for it is the ONLY WAY to receive peace and happiness and again qualify us for eternal life.
Love Elder Gautavai



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.