Monday, April 22, 2013

He'll Give You Rest

Hello Family,

Well I will be here in Whitewater to at least June as I have made it through another transfer. I will however be receiving a new companion this Wednesday so that'll be exciting. 

This last week we stayed busy with meetings, exchanges and regular proselyting activities. Yesterday at church, the stake high councilman who was scheduled to speak didn't show up for Sacrament meeting. Right before the administration of the Sacrament, Bishop Kennedy of the Whitewater ward asked me if I would take up his time lol. With a joyful response, I gladly filled up the assigned time as asked speaking and testifying of missionary work. Being agents who act, as the scriptures say to open your mouth and it will be filled; not your mouth will be filled and then open it. 

So many neat experiences have come through TALKING WITH EVERYONE, no matter what. On an exchange in good ol' Sharpsburg this week we stopped at a gas station to use the restroom. While there I received an impression to go and talk to the women who was working at the cash register. To make it a little more natural to talk with her I grabbed some items to purchase and proceeded to have a nice conversation with her about her adventures in life. We asked her if she was happy? She paused for a little bit, and said, "I haven't been happy in a long time." Upon further discussion we learned of many questions she had and how desperate she was to find answers to those questions rooted in her soul. Right then, right there even as people were coming in and going out we proceeded to explain to her that we are Representatives of Jesus Christ and that He sent us to her to answer those questions thereby enabling her to improve her life. What a feeling of great assurance it is to know that we carry the message that can bring peace into the lives of those who mourn, and are heavy ladened. Through our Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement we can be freed from the guilt and shame associated with sin. 

'Til next week,

Love, Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.