Monday, February 3, 2014

The Gospel Enables Us To Battle The Spiritual Storms of Life

Weekly questions from home to the elder in today's email. The elder's response in his return email.

Q1. Applications have been submitted for college return for fall of 2014. Do you have any questions on this?
A1. Thank you for getting all of the applications done. You did more than I was expecting for that I am grateful!
Q2. Are you in need of anything at this time?
A2. Sister Harding recalls either Ry or I giving a talk in the Relief Society room or somewhere at church about seeking higher ground? If we have a copy of this or if you know at all what I am referring to we would love a copy here in the GAM.
Q3. Thanks for the update on who you are working with. Who can we exercise our faith and pray for this week?
A3. I will send you a list of names here in FEB. It's quite the list!

Greetings Family,

I love it Dad, Bad news time flies, Good news, we are the pilots! While Elder David F. Evans of the Seventy and the Executive Director of the Missionary department was here that was a powerful lesson that I learned from him. Instead of looking at what others can do..What can you do to improve the situation! It's a refreshing feeling to know as we learn from the gospel that we are in control!

What an amazing experience of ministering! We must always be on the Lord's errand! When we ACT in faith the Lord will show us how and who needs help! What a powerful experience!

I have never been so excited to see SNOW in my life! I'm sure I was part of a handful of people that were delighted with the snow that fell from the skies!  

The unusual freezing temperatures and snowfall shut down the entire ATL area for about 4 days contributing to many auto accidents, even some fatalities. Upon reflection I learned a couple lessons from this experience I would like to share. The first lesson is that the ATL area was not prepared for a 2 inch snow storm as it is again uncommon for this kind of weather. The resources to respond quickly are not in place and consequently it took a couple days to clean up and return to normal.

I believe an analogy can be applied to our spiritual lives. If we are not prepared or cast even the smallest amount of fear, give in to temptation and sin, or don't have the right resources (the gospel) in place to support us in our lives..we run the risk of being turned upside down by even minor trials, hurt feelings and many other things. We in turn like the ATL become a mess taking sometimes days, weeks, months, years, or even a whole lifetime to return back to the correct path that leads to exaltation and eternal life. 

I've seen that from personal experience and in the experiences of many others in the last couple of years. It's unfortunate to see those who were once solid faithful members of the Church become so caught up in petty and trivial things that throw them off the path--path that always leads to overall happiness. As a result generations become affected until eventually the missionaries and ward members are sent to lovingly bring them back.  

Help'n all to find and safely return to the Path
Georgia Atlanta Mission
The second lesson I learned is how we can through an eternal perspective and by obedience to the gospel be protected through trials, and can even recognize the blessings even through the most difficult trials. Some may not recognize it at first, however the hand of the Lord is always present guiding and protecting them. We often overlook this because we are so caught up in the "why is this happening to me mode or attitude?" As we take a step back and see the gospel in our lives, we then begin to recognize we were helped the entire time! The key again is faith as a principle of action and obedience to gospel principles.

This week we have Zone Training meetings. This means we will be traveling and doing 2-a-day meetings as well as transfer planning! So excited for the week ahead and the opportunity again to bring more souls unto Him who has overcome all. Look to God & Live! Keep Climbing!!

Love, Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.